• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PhilUK

Second Lieutenant
88 Badges
Apr 27, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
Kingdom of SAARdinia-Piedmonte

Kingdom of SAARdinia-Piedmonte

Armoiries_Sardaigne_1815.png

This is my first AAR ever for any game so I’ll try and keep you all up to speed while being entertaining as well as a learning experience for not only myself but anyone else as that’s new to Victoria 2. This is also my second real game as training for when I join PAX (1.2 Patch Game) Next Sunday.

Info
Patch 1.1
No mods at all
Cheating is for losers
Chapter 1 has a small RP just to get the ball rolling

Chapters
Chapter 1 – Humble beginnings
Chapter 2 - Noble Ambitions
Chapter 3 – The First Swiss War

Last edited:
Chapter 1 – Humble beginnings
The air was cool with a slight breeze HM had just woken up in the place in the capital. Within moments the maid had enter the room ready to dress the government as Sardinia was an absolute monarchy everyone in that room was the government well everyone being the HM.

Maid: “Good morning your highness I hope you had a present sleep and here are the issues awaiting the day.”

*The maid places today are issues onto the table and open a window*

HM: “Thank you, you may leave while I look upon the issues pressing our nation.”

*The maid left she pondered to herself. “Why is he being so formal?”*

The thing is the HM had a nightmare about the future of the country

HM: “What a powerful dream that was with France controlling the Papal States and Austria pushing her way into the Italian Peninsula. What honour is there, will we become slaves to these beasts?

*The HM kneeled and began to pray and whispers unto god. “When will we be given our time to shine in the sun? Give me a sign*

The HM waited patiently like any strong believer, yet nothing no sign.

*A strong gust of wind blew from outside the open window knocking today’s issues on to the floor.

The HM picks up the fallen booklets and reviewed the new pressing matters.

HM: I believe a new research is in order I’m heard much about the British and their rails and look at them now. A network of machines connected to transport the blood of a nation.

Research1.png

HM: If we are ever going to rise as a nation with must focus ourselves so a strong mind is in order.

NF1.png

HM: I’ll wait until at least February before dealing with the budget

budget1.png

*The HM pondered all month what should be done. The HM had plans and they wasn’t so good for the neighbouring nations.*​

Last edited:
Chapter 2 – Noble Ambitions
The only way Sardinia would ever grow as a nation it must unite Italy but to do this we must first grow. So I’ve came up with a list of nations

Europe
France – Off-limits
Austria – Off-limits
Modena – Weak and small but will provide iron will cost 20 infamy
Switzerland – Taking East Switzerland will cost 10 infamy.
Parma – One of Austria’s lap dogs not really in my best interest.

Africa
Tunis – Across the med we see Tunis and will only cost 8 infamy to annex
Morocco – Best left alone if Spain sorts herself out she will want this I don’t wish to have to deal with a GP just yet
Algeria – I’m not sure about Algeria France controls her coast line so I’ll see what comes up.

The Plan
I plan to invade Switzerland she is no one’s pet just yet and I must do this quickly before she falls subject to someone. After that I’ll annex Tunis to open up Africa and if there is time take a slice of Algeria.​

Chapter 3 – The First Swiss War
I declared war against Switzerland and have pulled my forces back to the capital it would be deadly to my forces if I was to fight them in the mountains. So they have to come to us where they will meet their ends.
fsw1.png

I merged my two smaller forces together and sent them against the enemy. The low 3 group coming will not affect the battle in their favour I hope...
fsw2.png

As the battle wages on in Annecy I send my other army to take care of their other army.
fsw3.png

The cowards that attack Novara retreat to Bern their numbers are now at 5 so I follow. Switzerland has now mobilized and I can expect reinforcements soon, am I walking into the lion’s den?
fsw4.png

Another victory but their numbers are not low enough, I can’t risk them attacking my other force in Bern so I soon follow.
fsw5.png

I win the battle in Bern and he retreats to Basel I’ve decided to go south and help out in Sitten this all feels very wrong now to fight in those mountains.
fsw6.png

A quick victory is earned and his army retreats north I decide to follow although its too risky now we must finish them.
fsw7.png

His remaining forces stand at Bern united but this can still go wrong we must finish it now.
fsw8.png

Again they retreat and we follow. These mountains are eating my men.
fsw9.png

Their mobilization has risen and they are coming.
fsw10.png

They retreat and I head south I need to get out of these mountains.
fsw11.png

I leave a small group behind to begin occupying Geneva peace is yet to come but it’s a good place to start.
fsw12.png

And so I follow, those mountains in Geneva are a war crime.
fsw13.png

One of the army’s breaks and now I make my way to try and finish this war in Bern.
fsw14.png

During a battle we get the gold rush event, how long has this old coot known about this mountain of gold? I want him imprisoned and interrogated. What other secrets does his mind hold?
fsw15.png

I come close to losing an army so I switched it with the one occupying Geneva
Note To self: In future when it comes to mountain nations let them always come to us and grind them down slowly.
fsw16.png

I'm starting to feel very unlucky but no matter. I go with let them eat cake I don’t want to lose prestige.
fsw17.png

We have taken over Geneva and Bern is now in sight this war is almost over.
fsw19.png

I decided to hold back for a while in Geneva to regain my strength with reinforcements from the island. We meet in Basel and they lose the battle. East Switzerland is ours for the taking.
fsw21.png

And so the war ends.
fsw24.png

Last edited:
Good AAR.

Thanks, although I did expect more reply's oh well. Anyway I'm just doing my university work then I'll unwind and continue the AAR either today or tomorrow. I would like some feedback from my AAR anything i should include or more story telling since this is my first.

With amount of work load I've been given at University and the lack of time to continue playing I'm going to wait for the next patch, hopefully I can transfer my save.

Originally Posted by Lord Durham
4. There will be a maximum of only 20 screenshots allowed per any one AAR post. Use proper discretion and be mindful of readers and moderators load time.

Rule posted here.

Does this mean my entire AAR can only have 20 images in total or 20 images per a single post? In the mean time I slimmed down the post that had 25 down to 20.

I think Johan posted that it will not be backwards comptable. Good work though.
Doesn't matter then I'll just continue the AAR before I patch up I really want to finish this game.

Last edited:
Does this mean my entire AAR can only have 20 images in total or 20 images per a single post? In the mean time I slimmed down the post that had 25 down to 20.

Doesn't matter then I'll just continue the AAR before I patch up I really want to finish this game.

20 images per single post.

Excellent country choice by the way. Nice little country with great potential.